Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Poetry Month

Sleepless
by
Brenda Reeves Sturgis

March lingers still
for 2 more days
April is poetry month,
in its honor
I'm going back to my roots.
tangled tightly in the back corners
of my mind.
Writing
not JUST for children
although that is my love
but from my heart
for me
for you.
If you stumble on my words of wisdom
arriving here from one link
or another
if you discover this at 3:00 a.m.
some sleepless in Seattle night
or
at 3:00 p.m.some drowsy in Detroit day
you will know that at one point in time
I was sleepless too
I was thinking
thinking
thinking
of
you.
If you're up praying
or crying
or coddling
a sick baby
a dying parent
or managing menopause,
know that many
many women
including me
have gone through these trials
before you
eventually
after many yawns
your eyes will shut
you'll
finally
rest
you're tired bones
and weary soul.

No comments: